Lee el texto y responde las preguntas o completa las frases que están debajo con la opción correcta.
Te recomendamos leer las preguntas primero ya que esto puede ayudarte a ubicar las respuestas. No te preocupes por las palabras que no conozcas, trata de adivinar su significado por el contexto.
The Purple Heart
The Purple Heart is a medal of the United States Army with the profile of General George Washington, issued on behalf of the President to those who have been injured or killed in service after April 5, 1917. The National Purple Heart Hall of Honor is located in New Windsor, New York. Formerly Badge of Military Merit, which was a purple heart shaped sewn cloth patch. It is the oldest award that the US Army still gives, being surpassed only by the now obsolete Fidelity Medallion.
The Purple Heart will be delivered to all military personnel of any branch of the armed forces, on behalf of the President, that while on active duty have been injured or killed under the following assumptions;
1) In any military action by the United States against an enemy.
2) In any military action by one or several foreign armed forces where the army of the United States had been involved.
3) Serving with a foreign military ally in conflict with another enemy foreign armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party.
4) As a result of any act committed by any armed enemy force.
5) As a result of a hostile act by any enemy force.
6) After March 28, 1973, as a result of any terrorist attack against the United States made by any foreign nation.
7) After March 28, 1973, as a result of any military operation to maintain peace, outside the territory of the United States.
8) After December 7, 1941, for any injury as a result of a firearm in a military action, regardless of the origin of fire.
9) Be imprisoned as a prisoner of war or be captured.
10) Any injury that requires treatment of any medical officer.
Choose the right answer to the following questions: